Sunday, March 8, 2009

Oh the THINGS we've been doing...

Oh my so many things that we have been up to. So many things and we haven't posted. So we will just do a quick little catch up post with picture overload.

Making ALOT of monster cookies. Lately they have been our families favorite!




Spending ALOT of time in timeout. The kids have decided that it isn't really important to listen to me. So they get to spend alot of time on the couch (afraid of charlie).



Making Pizza from SCRATCH..yep that is an accomplishment for us. The kids loved having their own pizzas. I made this Pear and Gorgonzola pizza with tossed greens on top. DEEEEEEEEELICIOUS! One of my favs.






Going to Girls Night on Monday night to watch the Bachelor (BARF) and The City. Yes I am admitting to watching that show. I would like everyone to see how intense these girls were while watching the final rose ceremony. Yes this was SERIOUS...i got yelled at a few times for voicing my dislike for that little weiner ....I can't even remember his name because I disliked him so much from the get go.



AND finally...we have been giving ourselves HAIRCUTS! YAY!! Not really. So I tried to cut Tucker's hair..ya know save a few pennies. Not a good idea...I ended up buzzing his head. Then I guess Tilly decided that she needed a trim. Well, she found herself a pair of scissors (we will not mention the grown mans name whose fault it is for leaving scissors out in the first place. I promised that I would not get upset with him so yeah...whatev). Tucker came downstairs and let Beau know that Tilly was doing naughty things. So he goes upstairs and sees our little princess trying to hack off her ponytail that is on TOP of her head. AHHHH...I was sooo sad. I love love love love Tilly's hair. I love doing Tilly's hair. It's okay though I think we can work with it. During this whole hair cutting week Tucker has been talking about how "the crazy clippers" got out of control and cut off his hair so now he looks like Adam. (our neighbor). Well after seeing what Tilly did Tucker was sure to let her know that now Tilly looks like him and Adam. Niiiiice.
Our dear neighbor Adam did inform me though that he is the epitamy of COOL. So I just thought I would post a picture of him so that everyone would know what my kids are striving for. WE LOVE YOU ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s. I am not posting a picture of Tilly until after we get her hair fixed. So sorry..haha But there is a picture of all the hair she cut off. And a picture of Tucker with his new do.



14 comments:

BenandLisaGrimm said...

Oh I feel your pain. Avary cut her own hair when she was four. Into a sweet mullet. It grows fast, but don't worry I shed some tears. Your kids are darling, it was fun to read the update. You crack us up!

SarahandJD said...

Sarah!You have just been so busy in your kitchen you need to come cook for us at our house! I love the profile pics from the bachelor. they are super cute!!I know you secretly love watching that show:)Tilly looks so cute in her dance pics. She is adorable!

The Atwood's said...

Oooooooo I'm so sorry about Tilly!!!!! I can't even imagine. Although, I know it's inevitable that Molli will do the same thing.

Nic@Nite said...

That dumb show, the bachelor. I don't know if I will ever watch it again, I guess I will cause I want to see Jilian.
I feel your pain with the hair cutting. I want to see Tilly, so I can check out her new do.

Heather O'Brien said...

Yum! Those cookies look good. I am making them tomorrow. Second, you know you LOVE the bachelor. You dream about his nose :). That picture is hilarious. And last, oh my! I can't believe Tilly cut her hair. Can't wait to see her.

hayleyharts said...

I love all the pics..the ballet pictures are so cute! and I love monster cookies..I am a cookie monster myself..for some reason this last month I can't get enough of chocolate chip cookies..we have been making them a ton. but I forgot about monster cookies..i think I am going to try those out this weekend..thanks! and you need to post your recipe for the pizza..the pear one sounded devine!

Anonymous said...

First off those cookies look
Dee-lish and second I wanted to cry for that sink full of hair!! I hope all turned out okay with the "hair fix."

Jocelyn Vance said...

Sarah,
Those monster cookies look great. Tucker and Tilly look so big. I miss Iowa so much and everyone there. Enjoy it while you can.
Jocelyn

Bullard Family said...

Oh cute Tilly, I am feeling the pain about the hair. Mykah cut hers a year ago and we are still waiting for it to grow out. I am with you on the Bachelor, I couldn't watch it this time around he bugged me so bad, always crying and complaining, not a fan!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

It sounds like you guys are having lots of adventures over at your house! I can't believe how big your kids look in those pict! Tilly is such a little lady now!!! And I love the pict. of the girls watching the bachelor - Heather has such an intense look on her face! And I'm with you - I thought the guy was a weiner!

Anonymous said...

s...i totally want a picture...don't forget I don't see them often! hopefully i'll post tonight so you can see some pics. love you o...ps Barnes and Noble sells twilight so i can use my gift certificate!

Jessie Riley said...

OK. I heard about that HAIRCUT... from the "unmentioned" adult who left the scissors out...

HOLY CRAP! I cannot believe all that hair!

She does look DARLING with her new little haircut though! ;)

PS. I want to hear about Tuck's new library card... how did that go?

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

Sara! how are you? I'm glad we can still be friend via blog since I never see you in person anymore. First, yes, Bachelor man makes me want to puke... I don't know why so many women would make fools of themselves on TV for HIM! blah. Second, Tilly is the cutest girl in the world, she would look make bald beautiful. So I'm sure the new hair will be cute! I hope I see you in real life soon :).

Aimee - Choose To Be Better said...

Okay, couple things. That Beau sure is photogenic! hahaha! Nice pic with the pizza! And secondly, it still kills me that she cut her hair and didn't care! Ahh...at least for Tucker it's okay to have the super short hair! I do it to Jimmy all the time...on purpose. He just gets too hot if his hair is longer than an inch!