Friday, August 15, 2008

Hello Again...




Well, some good news and bad news today. We will start with the good news. Ezra gets his labs drawn on Monday and Thursday to see how his liver is doing. Well, yesterday they tested Ezra's PT and Platelets and his PT came back 18 and Platelets came back at 60. On Monday they were pretty much the same. On Wednesday Ezra stopped urinating and they thought maybe it was because he now has a Fungal infection. His blood pressure was pretty low as well. The Kidney Doctors came and took a look at him. They thought that maybe because of all of the Dietretics that they were giving him it just kind of pooped his kidneys out. Well Thursday they put him on Dopamine to try to get his blood pressure up. The Dopamine did raise his blood pressure and because of that he is now urinating again. FABULOUS! Also on Thursday Ezra coughed up a bit of blood. I was WORRIED...but there hasn't really been any more. SO they checked his clotting factors again just to make sure that wasn't the cause for the bleed. SO today we got the clotting factors back and his PT is now 16 PTT is 45 and Platelets are 79! YAY! At least Beau and I are happy about that. I'm sure the Doctors have to be as well. SO I think I included the bad news with this long and totally not gramatically correct paragraph. So yes, Ezra is fighting another infection but it is "treatable". So here are a few pictures of the past couple of days. I think I am going to do the next post about Tilly and Tucker because they are such champs and have been amazing through all of this.

p.s. Just a note. Ezra has not had Platlets since Saturday the 9th of August. Awesome because he used to be needing platelets like every other day. Also he has not had any FFP or Cryo for a very long time. He is also still very very swollen but as he heals and is able to fight off these infections he will start looking better.

10 comments:

Emily said...

He is such a doll, Sarah. I'm glad you've had a better week. I'll see you on Monday!

Chereebee said...

oh Sarah, I'm so glad that he's doing better! I've been thinking about him and you guys and wondering how he was doing. Thanks for the update :)

SarahandJD said...

I'm glad that he is able to fight theses infections. What a little champ! Take care!

Rachel said...

His binky is so cute. I love those big hospital binkies - I think babies are so cute with them! Glad to hear that he's doing better!

Jessie Riley said...

Awesome. I was just about to email you and ask for an update!

He is looking GREAT! The swelling has gone down A LOT from last friday when we saw you!

Keep the updates coming. I'm thinking about you ALL THE TIME and wondering how you are doing!

Please CALL me if you need me!
-Jess

Bullard Family said...

So glad for a update. I have been thinking of you guys. Ezra is a so sweet, he looks so cute with his little bunki.

Call me if you need anything.

Love you guys

Andrea

kendra said...

what a tough kiddo. I'm glad things are good - we're still thinking about you all the time.

Jen said...

Glad to hear the good news! Love the picture of his tiny little toes! Thanks for taking time to keep us all updated as we are all thinking about your fam all the time.

510Jen said...

Yeah for Ezra. I hope things will keep looking up. He is so adorable. I love being around him he is so amazing.

Keep us updated again call me if you need anything.

Nic@Nite said...

SO glad to hear things are going a little better. Thanks for the update! You are in our thoughts and prayers. What a cutie Ezra is!