Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The wonderful weather in Iowa...

Wasn't yesterdays weather GREAT?! I loved it. Well it's gone...so stop celebrating.

I was a bit curious about the wonderful weather we were going to have today so I looked it up on weather.com This is what I found...

A BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM THIS MORNING TO 9 PM CST THIS EVENING.

A STRONG ARCTIC COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP THROUGH THE AREA AROUND SUNRISE. VERY STRONG WINDS OF 25 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 50 MPH WILL GRADUALLY COMBINE WITH 1 TO 2 INCHES OF NEW SNOW TO CREATE WIDESPREAD BLOWING SNOW. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS NEAR 3 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE. THIS WILL RESULT IN EXTENDED PERIODS OF WHITE OUT CONDITIONS...ESPECIALLY IN OPEN AND RURAL AREAS. TEMPERATURES WILL RAPIDLY FALL TO BELOW ZERO BY SUNSET AND COMBINED WITH THE STRONG WINDS... DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS OF 10 TO 30 BELOW ZERO ARE EXPECTED. ANYONE STRANDED OUTSIDE WILL BE AT RISK OF THEIR LIFE WITHOUT PROPER PROTECTION.

THE SNOW WILL END BY EARLY EVENING WITH WINDS SLOWLY DIMINISHING AFTER MIDNIGHT. A WIND CHILL ADVISORY OR WARNING IS LIKELY TO BE ISSUED FOR TONIGHT.

weather.com

FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!
(I hope you are all sensing the sarcasm)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Lets go to the Childrens Museum tomorrow afternoon. I am holed up in my house right now and I can't take another day of this!

Anonymous said...

It is supposed to get all the way down to 55 during the day tomorrow. I feel your pain.

The Stevens said...

Yes, I remember those days living in Minnesota! We definitely don't see that down here. Half the kids in my dance classes have never even seen snow!

Aimee - Choose To Be Better said...

wow...too bad for the ross fam...