Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Joys of Spring...

This is a picture overload but I haven't posted for a while so I have to catch up. First of all for Spring Break we were supposed to go to Chicago and go to the Shedd Aquarium. We had it allllll planned out...we were so excited. WELL, of course we didn't get to go because Chicago was supposed to get up to 9 inches of snow. Beau and I didn't really want to deal with that over our Spring Break so our little trip was canceled.
To be honest we had such a fun time just being together as a family even though we didn't get to go. Instead we went to Des Moines and ate at the Cheesecake Factory for the first time EVER! All I can say is HEAVEN! MMMMMMMM...That is now both mine and Beau's FAVORITE restraunt. The kids I think were just extremely happy to get out of the house. Poor little Tilly had just gotten over a high fever and Tucker was sick and tired of being cooped up. After that we just hung out enjoying eachothers company. HAHA..okay by the end of the week we were ready to get back into our routine but it was still a fun time for us.

We colored Easter Eggs and got ready for the Easter Bunny to come and visit. Tucker and Tilly had soooo much fun coloring eggs...and slamming them into the dye..and then cracking them. Oh well it was so much fun. Tilly wanted to take one to bed because it was her baby she said. Man did she have a fit when Beau took her upstairs to bed. HAHA.

Well Easter Day here was uhhh...cold. SO that made getting into our Easter attire not so enjoyable. We did it though..hahaha...that's right sandals and all. Come rain or shine or just really cold weather on Easter day we will wear our sandals and summer dresses. Tucker loved to look at himself in the mirror with his little suit on and Tilly thought she was Cinderella. LOVED IT! Afterwards we went and had dinner with some fabulous friends. I posted a picture of my Lush Pineapple Cake. YUMMMY! We Pretty much had an all around fabulous Spring Break and Easter! We sure did miss our family though.

p.s. I am doing alot of experimenting w/ Photoshop so I know some of the pics are a bit...hmmm..odd looking but I'm learning.

13 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

Cute cute pics Sarah. Your kids are adorable. Tilly looks so big to me all of a sudden. And your pages are lookin mighty fine!

Swensons said...

You finally got to the Cheesecake Factory!! LOVE IT and if Brendon gets a weekend off that he does not have to study I am in like a dirty shirt! That cake looked amazing and I am glad that your Easter was a little better than mine!

kendra said...

sara - we just got back so sorry about the hair cuts... anyway cute blog; I'm liking your photoshoppin'. Love the cheesecake factory. You all looked great on Easter.

The Stevens said...

Cute pictures. Glad you guys had a good time. I know how those cold Easters can be!

Aimee - Choose To Be Better said...

cute pics...Tilly suddenly looking more like a big girl...too bad it still gets cold there. :)

Nancy K said...

Cute pictures. And great photo shoppping. Isn't sometimes just being just as fun as going?

The Ross Family said...

The kids are looking so big, esp. Tilly. They look darling in their Easter dress.

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

MMMM... Cheesecake Factory. That is the life for sure! Oh and Walter the farting dog is my nephew's FAVORITE character... he has all the books and the dog; needless to say he is obsessed with farting. Glad good old Walter put a smile on your face.

Chereebee said...

I must say you are doing a FAB job with photoshop!
How fun that you went and ate at Cheesecake Factory - I LOVE it there!
Your Easter pics are so cute - and of course you and your cute little belly look GREAT!

510Jen said...

I can't believe that was your first time at CHeesecake. I LOVE that place too. Glad to see the update. Looks like you are busy. Great Photoshopping you are doing great!

hayleyharts said...

I too love the C.F and I am so happy for you to finally eat there! Looks like you guys had a great time during spring break...I still WISH we had a spring break..ENJOY THOSE those vacations!!

Anna said...

Sarah is it just me??? Tilly looks so big, I bet she is going to be tall. That would be so cool. Does she have long slender legs like her grannie annie???? Hee hee! The kids were cute in their Easter duds, tell that to Tucker. For Beau, Me complace ver que se hicieran Tucker comenzó temprano en el béisbol. Simplemente no los cascos rojos, bien amigo? También, por qué para los cielos, por el bien no han sido la enseñanza de Tilly usted también? ¿Tiene miedo de un poco de competencia para ti ????? Preocupado su bateo aptitudes pueden no ser tan dulce como el suyo ?????

Anonymous said...

what's up with mom's spanish...you look beautiful pregnant...you remind me of sandra bullock who i think is one of the prettiest girls in the world!