Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rebecca Tilly Ross...


I love this picture of her. So cute.


Poor little Sissy is still swollen from the delivery. What a little precious thing.

Tilly was conceived when Tucker was 8 months old. What a FUN suprise. Whoever out there thinks that you can't get prego because you are breastfeeding or you haven't welcomed your monthly visitor back yet is SOOOO completely wrong.
I came up with Tilly's name a long time before she existed. Rebecca is the name of my sweet twin that I love so much. And Tilly is the name of a book that I've read a couple of times since I was 13 years old.
When I was pregnant with Tilly it was a totally and completely different experience than when I was pregnant with Tucker. With Tilly I was a WITCH! I am going to have to say that part of that was due to the fact that I was 7 months pregnant when I moved to Iowa and I didn't know anyone. I was always tired and just worn out. Not such fun times with that pregnancy. BUT I was still excited for my little sis.
I started having contractions with Tilly at about 5:30 in the morning and then went in to Dr. Hunter at 10 to get my membranes stripped. I didn't know that I was in labor I thought I was just sick because I couldn't stop throwing up. Oh yes my mom and dad came out to be with me and Beau for the delivery but the day she came my dad had to leave to go back to work. Well, anyways through out the day my contractions were hitting hard. That didn't stop me, my mom and Tucker from going out and shopping. We went to Sam's Club and Super Target...the whole time throwing up along the roadside or parking lot. At Sam's I sat in one of those motorized chairs. Well Beau, came home from school to see that I was in labor and was suprised. He thought that for sure I would have called him. Well, I'm alot tuffer (is that a word) than I appear. hehe.


I don't remember what time we ending up going to the hospital but I do remember that i was exhausted. I didn't have anything in my stomach and I had been up since 5:30. So, everytime I contracted I cried. I just broke down and started crying...I couldn't do it anymore. Finally we situated in the hospital and My fabulous doc finally got his rear there and it was time to push. Well...I pushed and pushed and pushed. Okay that is how it felt to me. It felt like she was stuck. HAHAHA...I was like HELLO COME OUT ALREADY! I told Dr. Hunter that I was done and I couldn't push anymore....uh yeah no sympathy. hehe. Finally my little or ummm..."healthy" princess came out. When they layed her on my chest I remember thinking "uhhh she is ENORMOUS.". Remember that Tucker was just a bag of bones. Not Sissy. She was 8 lbs 2 oz. I like to say that is because of all the corn I ate when I moved here. Tilly had alot of dark hair and was just as precious as could be. I had a hard time really getting into it though after she was born because I was seriously just so exhausted. I could barely keep my eyes open.

What a little princess I had. I was ecstatic the next day. I loved holding her and just staring at her beautiful little face. I loved watching Beau hold her and just stare at her. There is nothing like watching your husband with the new baby. The soft look in their face and the love that you can see in their eyes is something that I will never forget.
My little Tucker was interested in his new little sister for a little bit, but that soon passed until she got older and became his best friend. He was a good big brother to her though. Never really TOO rough..and was always ready to give her a kiss if she was crying.

I never said I looked good after giving birth. Unlike some of you I actually do look like Hell after giving birth. haha. All pale and swollen and tired and the hair...oh please.

Tucker was still so little when I had her. He was definetley curious about her.

5 comments:

Aimee - Choose To Be Better said...

Cute post, Sarah! I love it. She does look enormous comparted to Tuckus. Love it!

Rachel said...

Tilly is so little and cute! And Tucker is so small too! Time sure flies!

hayleyharts said...

so cute! I love the pictures...believe me you don't look like hell...you should see mine! I loved reading this post...wow and you were so tired!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. It's hard to remember back when they were that small! And you look great after giving birth!

SarahandJD said...

Sarah- I can't believe how big your kids are now! I hope you had a happy Mothers day!!