Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Floods...more floods...and Summer Fun.

Well we are alive here in Iowa. AND we have a new camera so we have a TON of pictures this post. Alot has happened that I haven't blogged about so if sometime down the road I throw something random out there just go with it.
First here are some pictures of the flood that Beau and I took. This is about 3 miles from our home.
I have a TON of spelling errors in this post because I couldn't really see the words I was typing so just ignore it because I'm not going to go through and fix it.
{CLICK on picture to Enlarge}




So sad to see all of these buisnesses and homes destroyed. A bit scary as well. This is the first time I have ever really been in a flood. It sure is scary what mother nature can throw at you within a blink of an eye.
Now onto some more positive pictures. SUMMER FUN! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO! We love warm weather. I keep trying to really drive that point home to Beau. WARM WEATHER....HAPPY WIFE AND MOM. hahaha. Anyways enjoy the pictures!
These pictures were taken outside of the Iowa City Library. The kids and I played outside while Beau did "school stuff".


Pool time! Need I say more.



Now for the BEST part...

p.s. the grey van in the back is the newest addition to our family. HAHAHA

13 comments:

Unknown said...

SOOOOOOOO Glad you posted these pictures. It puts my mind at ease a little bit. I hope that you have a roof over your head, and all is well. I have been praying for you guys. LOVE YOU

Rachel said...

So cute Sarah! Are those your digital scrapbook pages you posted? That's a GREAT idea!

Chereebee said...

love the new addition to your family :) We'll be getting one of those bad boys in September!
Lot and you in your swimming suit you little hottie!:)

Jen said...

You look so good Sarah. I am jealous!

Aimee - Choose To Be Better said...

Great post Sarah! I loved it. I loved all those summertime pics. I am so glad you are having fun!!! The kids are getting so big...it is making me sad! Congrats on the new van!!

510Jen said...

You have been busy girl! Yes she does look good I see her pregnant belly at the pool quite frequently.

Nancy K said...

I can't believe these floods!
Glad you can still have fun at the pool, etc

hayleyharts said...

Great PiCs! and I too am glad you posted these pics..I just can not believe how bad it is there! I also loved the pool pics..I loved that pool!

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

Love it all... but I REALLY love "my little diva" page. So cute. I love that swim suit.

Shana said...

Oh my gosh, I totally thought about your family the other night when they had the flood pictures on the news. Glad that you guys are safe. And, I can't believe you're so close to having your baby!!!!!! Keep us posted!

kendra said...

I was hoping to see some cute little baby ross pictures! How are you doing? I could not have made it through my pregnancy last summer without the pool and I miss it now. oh well. You look great. Your new little addition looks great too! Have fun at the pool and take a swim for me!

The Stevens said...

I can't believe all that flooding. It's so sad. On the up side, you're pictures are so cute and I like how you create all of the little collages. Very cute. We like the warm weather too so I know how you feel.

Swensons said...

So you finally took the plunge and got a mini van!! RIGHT ON! I love going to the pool. Next time you go I want an invite for sure and we so need a girls day to go shopping. You guys going anywhere for the summer or stickin around?