Friday, June 6, 2008

Sleeping Babies...

Ohhh how I love being a mom. I just went upstairs and couldn't resist holding my two babies while they slept. What precious gifts we are given. So delicate and fragile in so many different ways. My little Tucker is getting so big but to hold him while he sleeps reminds me of how small he really still is and I just need to cherish these times with him now before he gets to be alot bigger and ALOT more independent. Little Sissy...what a doll. While I was holding her I whispered that I loved her. She smiled in her sleep and said, "I love you too.". It melted my heart. I am so grateful that I was blessed with such beautiful, sweet spirits. The lord really must trust me to give me such valuable little spirits.
As I was going upstairs I saw that Tucker and Tilly had gotten into some baskets that had blankets and what not for a crib and the baby. They had thrown it all over the place. All I could do was smile. Smile because I would rather that they were here with me to do that instead of gone or not here at all. Goodness how I love those two.
Well, I know that this post was a little out of the blue but I want to remember these moments. Sorry no pictures my camera is broken and I am shopping around for a new one. Goodnight.

11 comments:

Nic@Nite said...

I love that you go and hold them while they sleep. I would never do that, in case they woke up! Can't wait to see what little Ezra looks like, how much longer? Hey when do you move? Need any help?

Heather O'Brien said...

So cute. I do that with Hallie too. Glad I'm not the only one. We are so dang lucky. Tucker and Tilly are adorable. I just love their sweet personalities.

Carly said...

I love those quite little moments where you really get to reflect on how awesome it is to be a mom. Your story totally reminded me of the book I'll Love you Forever.

LCFrohm said...

I agree with everyone. I love those quiet moments.
I had this happen last week. A 2 year old boy fell out of the second story window. That night, I held my boys longer and tighter than normal.
And like you said, grateful they're here. Grateful to have been blessed with wonderful, and sometimes crazy, children.
Okay sorry! Maybe I should have made this my own blog instead of writting a small essay in your comments section. :)

Jen said...

Happy anniversary! You looked gorgeous! We miss you guys. How exciting that you are getting all the baby stuff out and getting it ready! Packing for the move too?

Aimee - Choose To Be Better said...

Cuteness Sarah! I was trying to call someone last night to tell them something similar! LOVE THE BABIES!! You're a good mom!

Chereebee said...

what a sweet post - L.O.V.E it!!!

510Jen said...

I actually do the exact same thing. I love (this might sound weird) to smell their hair and faces. And they really don't like me doing that when they are awake.

Love these moments.

Anonymous said...

s...you are such a good mom...i love to hold them and smell them too...i swear it sends some kind of drug/hormone through me that calms me down....love you...post some pics of the flood

The Atwood's said...

I agree. Gage seems so big to me but yet so little. Happy birthday to Tucker btw a week ago! Are you moving? Where to? Why? Are you guys okay with the flood and everything? E-mail me.

Unknown said...

Hey are you guys alright??? I have been trying to reach you by phone and text. I LOVE YOU and hope you are not flooded in.