Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Beau's first memories of Tuck...

For this entry I thought it would be a fun thing to have Beau list all his first memories of Tucker for me. So here are a few.

The very first memory Beau has of Tucker is when he found out I was pregnant with the little guy. Beau was excited but very scared at the same time. He felt the pressures of having a child and needing to provide for him and his wife while working a parttime job and applyig for dental school. He was thinking about the responsibilities that were now on his shoulders.
About a week or two before Tucker was ever born Beau set up the car seat in our car and would drive around with it. One morning he had the early shift at the Dentists office that he worked at. He said that he remembers driving to work just thinking about his little boy and the excitement and joy he was feeling about his pending arrival. He stopped the car in front of the office and pondered about his future son and started to cry. He started to think about Tucker and about his life and becoming a strong and faithful missionary.

Another one of his first memories was bringing Tucker and mommy home from the hospital. All I can say is WHAT A NIGHTMARE! haha. Beau was so nervous to be driving with a brand new baby in the car that he took the wrong on ramp and then the wrong exit to get home. Normally, that would be okay but since I was hurting so bad from the dang epesiotomy it was a nightmare.
The first night home with Tucker was a breeze. Then there was the second night. Beau was frustrated because his poor pathetic wife was sitting there bawling at 2 or 3 in the morning because she thought that her new baby didn't like her because he wouldn't stop screaming. We tried for HOURS to get him to calm down but he was so upset that we both became extremely upset. Luckily the mother in law (Anna Olsen) was there and she came upstairs and took the little guy until he fell asleep. THANK YOU!
One memory that brought a big smile to Beau's face was when he remembered when Tucker started laughing. What a contagious laugh he had. It wasn't a normal baby laugh...it was a full on giggle. Tucker laughed and still does at everything. This is one happy little boy. Whenever Beau would come home from work/school one of the first things he would do is make Tucker laugh. Tucker would laugh so hard he would turn bright red in the face. For such a little guy it was the funniest thing to watch.

This was one of Beau's favorite outfits to put him in when he was younger. He looked like a little Newsie.

Those are just a few of the memories Beau has of Tucker at the very begining.

p.s. I know that this is really choppy and horrible grammar but I'm not an English whiz..in fact I've always hated English.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just have to tell you how much fun I am having reading your blog. I love all the pictures and honestly you crack me up with your writings. Love you guys- Kari

Aimee - Choose To Be Better said...

that's a sweet post. first time mom...funny stuff...so is the first time dad business.

SarahandJD said...

I can't believe how much Tucker has grown.I have loved reading you post and look forward to the next one. PS I have a copy of that photo of amie, you and I from Saturday. SO I need to give it too you. We all look way CUTE!!!:)

Carly said...

I know I am such a sap but these posts about Tucker just made me cry. What a sweet idea. Thanks for reminding me about my own special moments with Laney. :)