Monday, April 21, 2008

Tucker Isaiah Ross...

So I am going to do a little "project" if you will. I have decided for each day of this week I am going to TRY to post a story or memory of Tucker growing up. So this week is going to be dedicated to my little man. Then next week will be Tilly and then Beau and...uhhh that's it.


My little man was conceived 3 months after Beau and I had been married. I was ECSTATIC! Beau...well very happy but nervous as heck. Being pregnant with Tucker was such a fun new experience for me and Beau. I will admit I was EXTREMELY emotional while carrying him. I didn't really get grouchy...more like I cried ALLLLLL the time about anything and everything...even made up scenarios! I was very fearful for some reason. Not of having a baby...but of raising a baby in this world. I would have dreams that I had a shield and a sword and my baby was behind me and I had to protect him from all the evil things out in the world...it seemed like the evil monsters or people were always fighting me harder and harder to get to my baby. I know this sounds soooooooo crazy. But they are my memories that I want Tucker to have someday. I had that dream soooooo many times. So anyways, my pregnancy with Tucker was a new and fun experience!


On June 1st I went to a doctors appointment and he told me I probably wouldn't deliver for another week. I was sooo bummed I wanted to see my little guy. Well, to my suprise on June 2nd at 2:30 in the morning I woke up w/ cramps. I felt like I had diahreha. So of course I went to the bathroom and then back to bed. Maybe a half hour later I woke up again with the same thing. Went to the bathroom and well not to be gross there was blood. haha. So of course I had no idea what that was from so it kind of freaked me out. I cleaned up and went back to bed. I noticed as I was laying there that all the sudden the cramps or contractions started coming faster. I layed there wondering what to do for the first little while and somehow I was able to kind of sleep through it until 5:30. I woke up not able to handle it anymore and tried to wake Beau. "Beau......... Beau......... BEAU!" uhhh yeah my husband didn't move but just responded w/ "huh?" NIIICE! Finally he woke up and we started timing and at 7:30 we went to the hospital. I pushed 3 times and that slippery little guy came right on out. He was so tiny and precious. Tucker was nothing but a bag of bones. He was so skinny. I remember his BIG eyes (obviously inherited from his father). Tucker was 6lbs 15 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. He had an adorable little cry.
I couldn't sleep really while I was in the hospital because I wanted to hold him the entire time. I hated it when the nurses would come to take him away. I remember I would get so anxious when the nurses would take him and then not bring him back when I would ask them to. Seriously i was always pushing the button telling them to bring him to me. Yes I was always worried somebody was trying to steal my baby because he was the cutest ever. And then I saw the pictures from the hospital....hmmm...all I can say is that he was ADORABLE to me and Beau and that is what counts.
So sorry if that was lengthy but I thought I would make the first post about Tucker's entry into this world.

8 comments:

The Atwood's said...

I think you're missing the part where the Atwood's came and visited little Tucker and were your best buds at the time! :) He was adorable. Remember how skinny he was and how fat Gage was? I still remember the pic of them on our recliner. So cute.

Nic@Nite said...

How fun this little project is going to be for me to read- all about you guys! What a cute little guy.

510Jen said...

Can't wait to keep reading. He was a cute little guy heck he still is.

Jen said...

Cute story. THis is a good idea. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Cute idea... I love that first picture. It's so precious.

Chereebee said...

Sarah, what a FABULOUS idea to do this post!! Tucker is so dang cute - and has been from day one!! Can't wait to read more!

Rachel said...

love the photo of you and tucker. . .how cute! tucker looks EXACTLY the same even as a newborn. i love this idea and may have to steal it when i hit a dry spell for blogging. . .

Aimee - Choose To Be Better said...

Sarah...I notice you didn't say anything about your post-Tucker-delivery experience. hahaha! I remember when he was born. How fun.