Sunday, April 27, 2008

A boy of many talents...

Oh goodness! Beau has a four day weekend so we went to Omaha on Friday and came home late Sat. and I am just now getting to posting about Tuck again.
My little Tucker has so many neat little talents but one of my favorites is his ability to memorize songs he likes or books. Now if you asked Beau what his favorite talent was that he thinks Tucker has it would be how he can swing a bat. I must say I am pretty proud of that as well....he gets it from his momma. hehe.
So I've had The Fray playing in the car for a while now and I really like song #2. It was the theme song to Grey's Anatomy for a while there. I can't remember the name of it but that's not the point. The point is that Tucker ALWAYS has me play that song over and over and over. One day while driving home from dropping Beau off at school last week he said "Mom, will you turn my favorite song on...the one that says how to save a life.". I was pretty amazed he knew that line but what was even more amazing is when I turned it to the song...my little man sang right along with it...EVERY WORD! Seriously amazing. Tucker has always loved to listen to music. He really likes slower songs like The Fray "How to Save a Life". One of Tucker's other favorite songs is by Andrea Bocelli (I don't know if I spelled that right). He is an opera singer and I love to listen to Opera so I have a CD of him. Tucker has a favorite song on that as well. He usually likes to listen to it when he is tired. Now the song is in some other language but Tucker will do his best to sing the words (the way they sound to him). I love to watch him sing, he is in his own little world while he is doing it and he looks so at ease and calm. Tucker has liked music since he was a tiny little guy though. He started dancing to it at a really young age....granted it was more of a head bobbing thing but he was feeling the beat. OHHHHHHHH so many memories....I wish I could write all of them down but I need to pace myself. Anyways, like I said my favorite of MANY talents that my son has. I know I'm bragging but I can...he's my boy.
Now, I do realize that my pictures I post do not really go along with the memories. In fact most of them don't at all but I am doing the best I can. HAHA

I believe this picture was of Tucker at his 3rd birthday. We were able to celebrate with family that lived here in Iowa at the time. Fun Times for my little man.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Tucker. This is how I still think of my little guy. Just my cute little blonde bug.

And of course this is the classic Tucker smile! What a happy little boy. He loves to get his picture taken and then look at it right after. He cracks me up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Future American Idol? Can't wait!

Aimee - Choose To Be Better said...

Cute stories Sar! Love the pics too. It's fun to look at the pics of when they were younger and remember how much we loved that time!

510Jen said...

Wow you have a singer on your hands. I love that you are writing so much about him it is fun reading and getting to know him better.

BTW Where have you been? We need to get together sometime!

Chereebee said...

What a smart little guy!! I just love reading things about him and getting to know him better :)