Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We're UP and then DOOOOWN...

******* WARNING: this is a lot of information ********
So the past three days have been a bit crazy. On Monday Ezra was extremely swollen...or Edemadus. His little belly was extremely swollen and they thought he may have Ascites. Come to find out he didn't have that and that is a good thing. He was and is just really swollen. SO much that his little legs wouldn't bend for a while. The Doctors upded his Lasiks to three times a day orally and gave him some Albumin. Albumin from my understanding is a protein that the liver makes and if it is low then will you get fluid build up. So Ezra started looking better the next day which was Tuesday. He wasn't as swollen and he was EXTREMELY alert. He was awake a ton and just as cute as ever. TODAY, not so good. This morning when the nurse took Ezra's temperature he had a fever of about 101. Because of that they checked his C-Reactive Protein and it was at 1.2, so that wasn't good. That meant that there was an infection. So they gave Ezra some IB Profen and he seemed to be "okay". At one point Ezra started crying and I noticed that he had blood coming from his nose and mouth. The nurses suctioned his nose and we thought that maybe it was just a little bloody nose that went down into his mouth. THOUGHT is the keyword. They decided to check all his labs again today and tested his CRP level again. His CRP came back at 2.0. That was just withinn 5 hrs that it rose. They did a chest xray and found a dark spot on his lungs and they told us it was Pnemonia. So they had to put an IV in him to get some Antibiotics going. I believe it was when they were doing the IV they noticed that he had blood coming from his mouth. Right away they moved Ezra to bay 1 of the NICU (for the really sick babies) and Inti bated our little man. Ezra was having an extremely hard time breathing and his blood gases were really bad. All I can tell you from that is that he had high levels of CO2. So Ezra is now Inti bated and also has a tube going into his stomach to suck out the blood. He is still currently bleeding in his stomach and they are still giving him transfusions of blood and trying to get the bleeding to stop by giving him Cryo, FFP and Platelets. They also took a blood culture and have found that there is a bacteria infection. Sooooo all in all Ezra is having an Extremely Hard day today. No pictures today but soon I will post more.

13 comments:

Jen said...

S I am sorry to hear this. I cannot imagine what you are going through. It is hard to read some of this, so I can't even imagine how hard it is to actually be there and see it. I'm sorry. We will keep praying for your little guy

Jennifer said...

I just want to come and give you a big hug and be there with you. I hate that all this is happening to sweet little Ezra. Each day I pray for God's comfort, healing and strenght to surround Ezra. Please let us know if there is anything you need - even if it is just a friend to sit with you. I hope I get to see your sis and kids up at storytime today. We miss you here at 2252. The new neighbors started moving in last night at 1am and it AIN'T PERTY! I think there must be 10 of them living in this little ole' town-home. COME BACK! The Sego Family

Bullard Family said...

We are still thinking of you and your little guy daily and praying for you!! I am so amazed at how strong you are Sarah. Ezra is so lucky to have a mom like you. We will be thinking of him a lot today. We love you guys.
Andrea

510Jen said...

Oh Sarah, We too are thinking and praying for you. Hang in there. If there is anything Jason and I could do please call.

Jen

Amy OC said...

Sarah, hi this is Amy (NH/Jack's mom). I just want to say everything I have read sounds soooooooooooooo familiar! Jack must have been one baby Dr. W was referring to. Jack WAS on the transplant list, didn't clot his blood, ammonia WAS too high and needed several blood exchanges to help with this. He had iron in his liver, kidneys, and heart. All GONE, he is a perfectly healthy 4 year old boy, has glasses now but besides that drives his mommy and daddy NUTS at times! Erza is going to beat this!! It's funny, we were excited when Jack could wear real clothes too. Hang in there, Ross family. Erza and the rest of you are in our prayers. Thank you for including us in your blog.

Rachel said...

Sarah-That makes me so sad to hear that he is so sick right now. He just can't seem to catch a break. I am so excited to read Amy's post and know that her son beat this! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

He is a little fighter Sarah! We will keep him and you and Beau in our prayers! We hope you start having more good days soon!

SarahandJD said...

Sarah- I'm so sorry to hear about Ezra's day. Those ups and downs are so so hard to handle and make it tough. I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. We think of you often and know how hard is to stay strong some days but we are all here for you and we will continue to have faith and pray for little Ezra's health. It's good to see that you have found another mom who can relate to you during this difficult time!

Christensen People said...

We are so praying for you. It is amazing that so much can be going on with someone so very little. Please let me know if you need anything. Even if it is just to chat! Love you tons!

Nancy K said...

WE LOVE LOVE LOVE you!!!! Hang in there!

hayleyharts said...

Little Ezra is such a fighter and I know he gets it from is mommy.I'm still praying and thinking about you all time, hang in there!

Shana said...

Wow Sarah. I haven't been on your blog in forever and just got on and read everything. First of all congratulations on your sweet new baby Ezra and second- I'm soo sorry you are having to go through this tough time. I'm not sure what it would feel like because I have never experienced it but I can only imagine what your family is going through. My heart just breaks for you because I know what you feel like to not be able to help your helpless baby feel better. You are strong and you guys will pull through this. I will be praying for you and your family. Keep your chin up. :)

kendra said...

What a tough little guy. I am praying for you and Ezra. Even Landon and Austin have had you in their prayers. We are here thinking of you. I wish there was more I could do. Keep hangin in there ok?