Thursday, February 14, 2008

Winter Days and Valentines...

Loooooong POST.





So even though we have been homebound the past couple of days due to it being too dang cold outside we have had fun! We actually braved it for the first time a couple of days ago and went outside to play. We DO NOT have the proper winter attire so it was very thrown together. No Matter though we had a blast. The kids went sledding and had snow candy and then after about 20 minutes they were ready to come in. We decided to thaw out by treating ourselves to a nice toasty glass of Stephens Hot Cocoa. LOVE IT!
I was mistaken we have actually taken few trips to the library. The kids love it there. I love how they make it so kid friendly ya know. Anyways since paying our $20 late fee because of a dumb movie ( DON"T RENT FROM A LIBRARY) we have been able to check out books galore. The other we checked out 17 books! We've already been through them several times. Tucker LOVES LOVES LOVES to read to Tilly. Alot of times the kid just memorizes the story...I'm tellin you he is a GENIUS!
The other day Beau's dad came in for a real quick visit. Tucker differentiates his grandpa's by their hair color. Beau's dad is the "White Papa" and my dad is the "Black Papa". So the "WHite Papa" came to visit and let me tell you that was the most exciting thing for those two. They love their Grandmas and Papa's. I don't know though maybe it had something to do with the fact that they got a bit spoiled when he came. Who knows...doesn't really matter though. We just love them and are so happy he came to visit!
Well that about sums up our life as of late. For Valentines Day the kids and I sat around and made Valentines. OH YES and we ate WAY TOO MUCH CANDY!

4 comments:

Shamo said...

heeehee....oh my goodness! tucker looks so funny wearing that hat for an adult man...haha. oh that takes me back to they days dude in good ol' cheyoming and the insane blizzards that would whip through....

hayleyharts said...

holy crap! is it baby season in iowa or what! I was scrolling through your posts and everyone is having a baby! I mean I know it it is really cold there and you guys don't have a lot of options but come on.. Totally joking! ANd congrats to you! I did not even know! thank goodness for these blogs.

The Atwood's said...

I know, I'm a little done with the weather too. I get more excited everyday knowing we'll be in warm weather for the next 3 years. You will have to come visit!

Anna said...

Oh, how fun for the ninos! Everyone looks adorable and good. Mom